A summary of recent updates in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) for week 50 of 2020. For more regular updates and related discussions, join us in the Artificial Intelligence Community. As always, thanks for your support for sharing it with your friends and colleagues on social media.
Industry updates for week 50 of 2020
This section is for recent industry updates related to Artificial Intelligence.
- AlphaFold boasts AI research through protein structure prediction: The Deepmind’s subsidiary Alphabet won the CASP14 challenge through its novel technique predicting protein structure for amino acids accurately. This implies that even basic scientific issues are solved using AI and to know more visit here.
- Microsoft’s updates for the Lobe: The updates launched by Microsoft offers training AI models without a script. Here is detailed coverage of the same.
- Huawei Facial recognition software for Uighur minorities: Huawei has tested its new FR software that will raise a ‘Uighur Alarm’ and report police authorities of their whereabouts. Here is new coverage of the new controversial launch.
Articles for week 50 of 2020
This section is for recent Blog Posts/Tutorials related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Azure Synapse and ML: This is an introductory article that points towards steps to train and later evaluate the Azure ML using Azure synapse, Spark, and SQL pools. Here is the entire article for a quick read.
- How not to learn ML: A few pointers to what minute mistakes must be avoided when starting as a beginner while learning ML. A must read and I wish this was written 6 years ago when I was learning. To get these tips, visit here.
- Cycle GAN: A translation algorithm for the image to image conversion using PyTorch. To know more, visit here.
- StyleGAN using Transfer Learning: This post aims to explain steps to train Style GAN on the custom dataset using transfer learning. Here is the main article for reading.
- AI for Earthquake detection: The article covers the author’s attempt to describe earthquake detection through ML algorithms. The post aims to support seismologists as well as data scientists in benefiting from this work. Here is the original post for a glance.
- Airspace conversion: The blog post proposes a framework that changes the sky regions of a video based on the user’s choice which works offline as well as online. Here is an explanation to do the same.
- Interpreting BlackBox ML models: The post is based on model agnostic ML interpretability that is based on Genetic Algorithms (GA). To know more, visit here.
This section is for recent Tools/Applications related to Artificial Intelligence.
This section is for recent Lectures/Conferences/Webinars related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Node2Vec: This video is a walkthrough research on Graph neural networks, Node2Vec that are known to be scalable. The work seems to be an extension to DeepWalk.
- Research Paper summary: This is the first video from the series covering a research paper discussion on AI and ML. The current episode is based on the knowledge of graphs.
- The Storyteller: The Storyteller is a platform with AI-generated voices with the freedom for selecting multiple languages and voices. Here is a demo video.
- How AI can become a citizen: A smart city Miami Expo video that highlights the right use of AI which may benefit society following AI ethics.
- In conversation with Yann LeCun: The video covers Self-supervised learning and its future challenges.
This section is for recent research published related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Neuroscience for protecting AI from adversarial attacks: The post explains the new upcoming VOneNet architecture that used deep learning in conjecture with neuroscience-based neural networks. The work was developed by researchers at MIT and MIT-IBM Watson AI Lab and here is their news coverage along with a link to the research paper.
This section is for updates for other various related topics to Artificial Intelligence.
- TFCNN: An alternate to FANN which is based on C. There are two versions: TFCNNv1 is for any platform that compiles c code while TFCNNv2 is targeting Linux.
- PaperAI: The tool is an AI-powered text analysis platform for reviewers to read the core work for evaluating a research paper. The tool is dedicated to medical and scientific papers. Here is the GitHub repository.
- Baseball pitching overlay: The framework is an overlay detector for baseball games that are based on SORT tracking. Here is the GitHub repository.
- Model Dermatology: The tool aims to diagnose 184skin problems and here is the GitHub repository for reference.
That’s all for the week 50 of 2020. In case you think we have missed out on something and that is significant to add, please free to reach out and submit to us via our Contact form or via Social media channels: Twitter and Facebook.