A summary of recent updates in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) for week 46 of 2020. For more regular updates and related discussions, join us in the Artificial Intelligence Community. As always, thanks for your support for sharing it with your friends and colleagues on social media.
Industry updates for week 46 of 2020
This section is for recent industry updates related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Google releases Objectron Dataset: Google has launched Objectron dataset that comprises short video clips of many objects filmed from various angles. Every video has AR session metadata that includes computer poses and sparse point cloud. Here is the Github repository.
- Tensorflow turns 5: On Tensorflow’s fifth birthday, there are new things to try out using tensorflow. Here is a highlight of tensorflow’s journey so far in terms of interactive demos.
- Long Range Arena: Google and DeepMind together benchmarked long sequences using LRA, a transformer architecture. Here is a quick read of the post.
- Facebook uses AI for content moderation: Facebook has given ML a responsibility to handle moderation queue. It reduces human load and also protects them from being targeted. Here is a quick read.
- Yann LeCun’s DL course for free: The NYU course on Deep Learning by Yann LeCun is now available for all. To get details visit here.
Articles for week 46 of 2020
This section is for recent Blog Posts/Tutorials related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Fast RCNN for object detection: The blog gives a review of RCNN based object detection and also discusses its drawbacks wrt to RCNN. To read more, visit here.
- Goodhart’s law, diversity and other issues: The post discusses the shortcomings of stochastic gradient descent algorithm followed by addressing the diversity aspect in image recognition using Ridge Rider (RR). To get more information visit here.
- Physics can help AI: Researchers are now using laws and concepts of Physics to solve problems of AI which had no solution till now. Here is how they did it for two problems as a start.
This section is for recent Tools/Applications related to Artificial Intelligence.
This section is for recent Lectures/Conferences/Webinars related to Artificial Intelligence.
- GA for 3D-animation: The video depicts how 3D animation uses Genetic Algorithms to control airplanes. Also the source code can be downloaded from their repository.
- AI writes an essay: The video shows a coverage of a student wishing to write an essay but didn’t know AI had written it for her. Also, here is the essay for a better picture.
This section is for recent research published related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Google Brain Learned Optimizers: The research article submitted to ICLR 2020 by Google Brain attempts to elaborate learned optimizers which out perform baseline optimizers but lack technical details about their working and development. Here is a quick look at the article.
This section is for updates for other various related topics to Artificial Intelligence.
- LibKGE: This is a pytorch based library for training, evaluation and optimization of Knowledge Graph Embeddings (KGE). Here is the Github repository.
That’s all for the week 46 of 2020. In case you think we have missed out something and that is significant to add, please free to reach out and submit to us via our Contact form or via Social media channels: Twitter and Facebook.