A summary of recent happenings in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) for week 33 of 2020. For more regular updates and related discussions, join us on the Artificial Intelligence Community. As always thanks for your support for sharing it with your friends and colleagues on social media.
Industry updates for week 33 of 2020
This section is for recent industry updates related to Artificial Intelligence.
- NeRF-W for scene reconstruction: Researchers at Google have developed an advanced 3D scene reconstruction technique, Neural Radiance Fields. This seems to be a breakthrough in the case of complex scenes with real-world scenarios. More here.
- AI-based pilot: The most highly valued and precision task for AI will be flawlessly taking control of flight and also other flight operations like luggage handling, optimizing fuel consumption ad revenue management. More information about the future of AI in aviation can be found here.
- Fake blog leads to the top of Hacker News: Liam Porr, a University of California student developed a fake blog using GPT3 and it outwardly made to the top of the Hacker News. Check his famous fake blog here.
- AI smart speakers: At least someone is benefitting from this pandemic. Let’s just say, the AI smart speakers are gaining popularity and hence the revenue. Quite popular are Baidu and Xiaomi. More details here.
- Apple’s ML updates: Xmartlabs have collected a nice descriptive article involving the latest updates in the ML framework deployed by Apple. The whole article can be found here.
Articles for week 33 of 2020
This section is for recent Blog Post/Tutorials related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Julia Language and Reinforcement Learning: An insight on Reinforcement Learning through a puzzle is elaborated in this blog.
- Beginners ML tutorial: Quite an interesting and precise tutorial on Machine learning is a must-watch for those intending to start somewhere on ML. More here.
- YOLOv3 Tensorflow Lite with GPU iOS: A great effort put in by the author to avoid any hits while setting up YOLOv3 with Tensorflow, GPU for iOS. Script here.
- ToDo application list using Language Models: A detailed article on a list of projects that be build using a Language model can be found here.
- Animes using GAN and Pytorch: A detailed article for building Anime faces using GAN and Pytorch is available here.
This section is for recent Tools/Applications related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Budget proof Deep Learning: As weird as it sounds, this open-source software claims to offer its benefits to Intel and AMD processors in a similar way as an NVIDIA graphics card. To read the article visit here and to start impromptu, visit here.
- Mona Lisa effect: Do you wish to see Mona Lisa watching your every move, check how it is done here.
- Currency Icons Dataset: The dataset based on currency icons can be found here. It is going to be weekly updated with new icons. This may be useful for Image and NLP tasks.
- U2-NET demonstration: A demo on U2 NET for background removal, bounding box, and highlighting using Google Colab. More here.
This section is for recent Lectures/Conferences/Webinars related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Another ML university content available: Amazon’s ML university course based on the accelerated CV is available to the public here.
- Deep Learning for CV: Course videos of Stanford’s CS231n including new topics like Transformers, 3D, and video are available here.
- Deep Learning for CV: The University of Michigan’s online YouTube channel is airing its lecture series on Deep Learning for CV. It is 22 reforms lectures. They can be found here.
- Data Augmentation: A walkthrough for Data Augmentation using Pre-trained Transformer Models such as GPT2 and BERT can be seen in this video.
- Cochlear Implants using Machine Learning: A webinar to improve cochlear implants using machine learning is going to be held on the 19th of August 2020. More details here.
This section is for recent research published related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Memory efficient TinyTL: Researchers from MIT have developed a Tiny Transfer Learning method that easily adapts according to pre-trained models. It removes the need to save intermediate activations and saves training memory cost up to 13.3 times. More details here.
- New optimizer for ML: ADAHESSIAN is a second-order Hessian optimizer with superior convergence abilities. More details here.
- FastGAN with enhanced speed and quality: With promising results, this extension to GANs based on Free AdverSarial Training is a good choice in case one wishes to reduce the training time with no compromise on quality. More details here.
This section is for other various recent Hardware/Books etc. related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Top AI papers suggested by experts: A long but filtered list of must-read research articles is available here. This happens to be indicated by AI experts.
That’s all for week 33 of 2020. In case you think we have missed out something and that is significant to add, please free to reach out and submit to us via our Contact form or via Social media channels: Twitter and Facebook.