A summary of recent updates in the field of Artificial Intelligence (AI) for week 02 of 2021. For more regular updates and related discussions, join us in the Artificial Intelligence Community. As always, thanks for your support for sharing it with your friends and colleagues on social media.
Industry updates for week 02 of 2021
This section is for recent industry updates related to Artificial Intelligence.
- AI model for a polite response: The demand for growing user engagement has led researchers at Uber and CMU to develop an ML model through the inclusion of social language in assistant’s responses. To read more about the coverage here and get the entire article details, visit here.
- Folklore structure describes how a conspiracy is born through ML: Researchers at the University of Calfornia used their expertise on folklore and developed an algorithm using ML to distinguish between a conspiracy theory and real facts. Read more about it here.
- DeepLearning at light speed: Lightmatter is ready to launch a neural-network accelerator chip that computes with lightning speed. It is a successor to the Mars chip and the full article can be referred to here.
- SMITH better than BERT: Google’s new long-form content interpreter algorithm called SMITH is proven to be better than BERT. So it seems, SMITH is the current algorithm that Google uses to interpret passages within web pages. Find out more about SMITH in this post.
- Caltech’s FNO is now open source: The Fourier Neural Operator is now available to all for solving PDE. It is three times faster than conventional deep earning techniques. Here is the post for exploration.
- Evaluating ML agents: Researchers at Savitribai Phule Pune University, India, have developed a framework to evaluate cognitive ML agents. To get full new coverage, visit here.
- DALL.E – Image generator: OpenAI’s DALL.E is an image generator that uses image descriptions as input. It is a 12 billion parameter version of GPT-3 that is built using a text-image pair dataset. To know more, visit here.
- AI for diabetic eye disease detection: The algorithm was built to help eye care professionals to detect the blindness caused due to diabetes but is shown to fail in reality. The algorithm worked well in clinical trials but is seen to perform inconsistently in the wild. To read more on this coverage, visit here.
Articles for week 02 of 2021
This section is for recent Blog Posts/Tutorials related to Artificial Intelligence.
- Model to create Chinese art: The work developed by Tonji University and University of Delaware researchers have collaborated to use GANs to produce artwork inspired by Chinese calligraphy. Here are the article details for more information.
- Chitrakar: The tool that can convert pictures or images into drawings specifically for human faces. To find more on Chitrakar, visit here.
- Repairing robots on planet X is now possible: A publication on Robotics by the GRASP labs at the University of Pennsylvania have been proposing robots made of ice. Here is the entire piece for a quick read.
- Transformer Language Models: This article explains the input saliency that scores token incoming and generates token outputs too. To read more, visit this blog post.
- Ecco- language model tool: Ecco is a package tool that allows you to experiment with GPT-2. To find out how to play around, visit here.
- Unique AI art: This week is all about art. I guess AI has targetted Artists now. One can find amazing art pieces generated using AI on this website, and mind you, they are available for sale now. Additionally, there are single edition artworks for sale as well.
- Automate using Python: A Udemy course to automate all the boring stuff on your system is available for free for a limited period. Find out more in this article.
- Understanding Neural Networks: Yet another article on getting to know neural networks in just three equations. To know how visit here.
This section is for recent Tools/Applications related to Artificial Intelligence.
This section is for recent Lectures/Conferences/Webinars related to Artificial Intelligence.
This section is for recent research published related to Artificial Intelligence.
- AI for COVID-19 detection: This a research article published in the Journal of Physics for COVID-19 detection using CNN. Here is the article for a glance.
This section is for updates for other various related topics to Artificial Intelligence.
- Styleflow: This is a GitHub repository and research paper for producing high-quality images using conditional GANs like StyleGAN using semantic attributes.
- International workshop in ML in Drug Discovery: The Ramaiah University is organizing an e-workshop relating to Drug Discovery using ML. To register, fill out this google form.
That’s all for the week 02 of 2021. In case you think we have missed out on something and that is significant to add, please free to reach out and submit to us via our Contact form or via Social media channels: Twitter and Facebook.